test

Michael Porter Jr. says he’s at “100 percent” ahead of the 2022-23 season

The Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr., who missed all but nine games last year after undergoing lumbar spine surgery, is expected to be ready for the 2022-23 season as he confirmed recently.

“I think I’m 100 percent at this point,” the Nuggets’ superstar said (h/t Harrison Wind of DNVR Sports). “It’s a blessing. I feel good. I’m excited to get back on the court and play basketball,” said Porter.

After a fantastic 2020-21 campaign, where he averaged  19.0 points on 54.2 percent shooting (44.5 percent from three-point range) and 7.3 rebounds, Porter signed a five-year extension worth up to $207 million in September 2021.

- Advertisement -

However, two months later, he left a Nov. 6 game against the Houston Rockets and never returned to the court again for the rest of the 2021-22 season. Porter saw several issues in the back derailing his career during college and his first season in the NBA.

When healthy, Porter is one of the most versatile scorers in the league being able to hit any shot from any distance. Denver selected him with the No. 14 overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft in June 2018.

The Missouri product also showcased his game during the regular-season portion of bubble games to finish the 2020 season, scoring 22.0 points on 55.1 percent shooting and grabbing 8.6 rebounds per game.

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles

Transfers and Rosters

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.