days remaining for the start of the 2022-23 season in the EuroLeague, here is the list of players that are injured ahead of the competition’s tip off.
- Marcus Eriksson is expected to miss 3-to-4 months after aggravating his foot injury, according to reporter Florian Kurth. Eriksson missed a big chunk of the 2021-22 season due to injury as he appeared in just 13 games.
- Shane Larkin underwent successful surgery on his injured finger. He’s expected to make a full recovery, and he will miss the start of the EuroLeague season. Larkin is expected to be back in action early to mid-November.
AS MONACO BASKET
- According to FC Barcelona, Nikola Mirotic will miss the early part of the season with an Achilles injury.
FC BAYERN MUNICH
- Isaac Bonga underwent an ankle surgery during the summer and it’s unclear when he will be ready to return, according to Bayern Munich’s sports director Marko Pesic.
LDLC ASVEL VILLEURBANNE
MACCABI PLAYTIKA TEL AVIV
PANATHINAIKOS OPAP ATHENS
- Rudy Fernandez injured his right wrist in Sunday’s Super Cup Final and will likely miss all of October, according to AS.
- Real Madrid has officially announced that forward Adam Hanga will miss the start of the season in the ACB and the EuroLeague.
VIRTUS SEGAFREDO BOLOGNA
- Awudu Abass will undergo knee procedure. There’s still no timeline for is return, per Virtus Bologna’s official website.
- Tornike Shengelia is recovering from a shoulder injury that occurred in August and he will miss the early part of the EuroLeague season.